Monday, June 6, 2011

Last year's classroom

Here are a few pics from my classroom at the beginning of the year last year.  I say beginning because things did get moved around a bit when I got my 19th kiddo, when my listening center tape player broke, when I discovered that there need to be more separation between the art center and the writing center, and when I decided that tables needed to be split.

Here is the view from the door.



Next year I think I am going to change things up even more.  Our district is supposed to mount our projectors this summer, so I am thinking I may move my calendar and meeting area to where the white board is.  This is where my projector should be mounted.  If this is the case, I can use my document camera and projector to shine on the white board to do some more interactive activities. 
This is the view from my desk in the back corner.






Of course this is all in my head right now, I won't know if it will truly work until I try it out.  I am really pumped about the projector mounting though...no more hiding those cords!!!!

Most of the cool things that you see are borrowed from other teachers.   So thank you to all those ladies and gents whom I borrowed from.

My crafty sister made the chair pockets, which work very well because they limit traffic in the room.  No more getting up to get journals, math folders, etc. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment